Friday, October 24, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin, Jack McCartney

So let me tell you about my Mommy and Daddy taking me to a pumpkin patch. I got to go on a hay ride, play with pumpkins and gourds, climb on a tractor, eat popcorn and ice cream and even see animals.

Oh, and to put an exclamation point on the day, I got my face painted. I told the lady I wanted a creepy specter that would render all other infants scared beyond imagination. Instead, I got a Casper-looking ghoul that's only slightly scarier than watching those old Dracula and Frankenstein movies. Seriously, how simple did people have to be back in the day to be scared by things like that? I've found creepier stuff in my diaper. My other complaint about the face painting: it's not permanent. How am I supposed to look cool if my ink can't make it through the weekend?

I gotta tell you, I'm getting even more excited about Halloween. Rumor has it that people actually hand out candy if you just knock on their doors. I was certain my people saw panhandling as a public nuisance, but hey, I'm not complaining. Jacky likes his candy.

No comments: