Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Jack" O Lanterns

Not sure if you all knew this, but there is stuff inside of pumpkins. I just discovered this, and if you have yet to experience it, do yourself a favor: go out, by a pumpkin, get your Mommy or Daddy to cut the top off and have at it.

We went to the Shriners' pumpkin sale, which is located right next to Hooters (also, if you have yet to experience it, do yourself a favor). The Shriners gave me a little teddy bear and Mommy and Daddy bought five pumpkins and then we went home and carved them.

Mommy made a really cool pumpkin with curvy lines on it, one that looked like a kitty cat and one that was The Cat In the Hat. Daddy made a ghost and an Ohio State pumpkin (O-H anyone?). Me? I was resigned to smearing the pumpkin innards all over my jeans, hair and face. I didn't get as artistic as my parents, but who says what they did was art and what I wasn't?

1 comment:

Kelli :) said...

I would love to see the pumpkins! I am sure they look awesome! Love the pic of Jack reaching in the pumpkin! :)