This is the summer of my discontent ... at least discontent when it comes to the baseball season. There's the Tigers, pimped as World Series shoo-ins, who head into the All-Star break at .500 and 7 games behind the White Sox in the AL Central. Mind you things have improved since that embarrassing start but the only way these guys are going to get to the World Series is if they pay their way in. We've got tickets for my dad's birthday, so I'm not giving up on the Tiggers yet.
Then there's the Braves, my hometown team, who are five games below .500 and trail the Phillies in the NL East by 6 1/2 games. But there's still Chipper Jones' flirtation with .400 (he's at .376 now), Skip Carey's nasally delivery and the Tomahawk Team. So they've got those things going for them, which is nice.
But I would be remiss if I didn't deliver my World Series prediction since we're halfway through a season that feels longer than watching a day of PBS' Sprout. I'm taking the Red Sox and the Mets.
By the way, don't I look great as a bobblehead? This is just foreshadowing Jack McCartney Bobblehead Day taking place at either Comerica Park (home of the Tigers) or Turner Field (the Braves' digs) in 2029.
No comments:
Post a Comment